On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 03.03.2006, 16:47 +0100 schrieb Michael Van Canneyt:

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

Hi,

Am Montag, den 27.02.2006, 20:08 +0100 schrieb Marc Santhoff:
Hi,

is anoyone aware of a library or a (set of) componet(s) for pitchforking
around some shapes, rectangles, elipses and the like and for creating
connectors between this shapes?

Of course it should be easily usable with fpc and lazarus. I'm searching
for the basic things making up a graphical editor.

diacanvas, wrapped for pascal with
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/gtk2q/ . Last time I tried (a month
or two ago) the compiler still had a problem with inter-package unit
checksums (diacanvasq uses gtk2q, but when _it_ tries to use the gtk2q
units it brags about checksum failure, so you could not use diacanvasq,
only gtk2q directly) ... I kind of got demotivated/sidetracked, thus.
Feel free to try again now.

Now if you need a canvas to work with non-gtk stuff then the above would
be a bad choice :)

I don't know any VCL/FCLish canvas thingie.

All canvases in Lazarus descend from TFPCustomCanvas, in the FCL.
(fpimage dir)
TFPImageCanvas has no external dependencies and is a fully functional
canvas.

Really? Does that support remembering vector shapes and shape
manipulations via the mouse, interconnections between shapes and
attributes and undo and such? Interesting, must try :)

No, of course not.
It's a plain canvas to draw on.
But it works without any external dependencies.

Michael.