On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:03:25 +0200
"Yury Sidorov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: "Michael Van Canneyt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >
> > > I do not see in fpc source that it can run crosscompiler. It only run
> > > native
> > > compiler.
> >
> > Then it must be corrected;
> > The function of 'fpc' is to call the correct compiler based on the
> > CPU/OS target settings.
>
> Yes.
>
> Let discuss other things.
>
> In Windows installation fpc.exe is located in pp\bin\i386-win32
> I suppose ppcrossarm.exe and cross binutils need to be located here too.
> Cross binutils will be prefixed (e.g. arm-wince-as.exe)
> Lazarus should setup crossbinutils prefix using -XP compiler option (it
> will  look like -XParm-wince- for arm-wince target).

Yes, or -XPfpc-i386-win32- for win32 under linux, or many other
possibilities.
We need 'target' specific compiler options. With 'target' I do not only mean
CPU, OS or LCL target.

Maybe this helps at the moment: you can add this to fpc.cfg:

# set binutils paths for crosscompiling
#IFDEF FPC_CROSSCOMPILING
  -XParm-wince-
#ENDIF

> Also there should be an option to setup a debugger for each target. There
> is  gdb which allows to remotely debug wince applications from win32 host.

Yes.

Mattias