On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Matt Henley wrote:

> Michael,
>
> On our project, we have decided to use embedded Firebird.  We would
> typically have both data aware components as well as programmatically
> to retrieve and write data.  Which of the libraries is the most mature
> or works best?  I have also heard of fblib
> http://fblib.altervista.org/

I have no well-formed opinion on this. Personally, I would use SQLDB.
I've used it in projects and it works fine for me.
It's also the best way to improve SQLDB.

However:
If you need database management routines (backup/restore/usermanagement etc).
Then it's better to use fblib, or UIB (united interbase),
Because SQLDB does not have that, and it's not planned in the
near future.

Michael.