On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Panagiotis Sidiropoulos wrote:

You need the latest svn-version from fpc.
All non-visible components are part of
the FCL of fpc.

OK, Everything is installed and available for use. I use
TSQL40Connection on MySQL 4.1.12-standard. Sample program TryMySQL
(ptrmysql) connects but on any SQL statement it raises an exception with
message "Database not assigned". I double checked login user privileges
and it is OK, I even try with admin privileges.

1. Did you set the 'Database' property of your TSQLQuery component ?

2. I expect TSQL40Connection to give problems with MySQL 4.1.12-standard.
   I think you should use TSQL41Connection.
   Unfortunately they are not binary compatible.
   (Complaints should go to to [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Michael.