> SQLQuery.Close;
> SQLQuery.SQL.Clear;
> SQLQuery.SQL.Add( 'update `ids-aa`' );
> SQLQuery.SQL.Add( 'set `ids-licenses-left`=1' );
> SQLQuery.SQL.Add( 'where `ids-internet-id`="aa-123456789012345678"' );

All I can think of, is to make sure you leave spaces between the
different line, so when that get put together, they still make sence.
If I split a Sql statement into seperate lines, I normall start ever
line with a space.

eg:
SQLQuery.SQL.Add( 'where ....
  ... becomes ...
SQLQuery.SQL.Add( ' where ....

> SQLQuery.Open;

Not sure what components you use, so this may differ from what I use.
The statement you are trying to run is a Update statement which
doesn't return a value, so normally needs to be executed instead of
Opened...

eg:  SQLQuery.Execute;

Select statements would use the SQLQuery.Open;

As I said, this could be different for certain components.

Regards,
  - Graeme -