bobby wrote:
> I want to include an exe, a html file, and two pictures into my
> exe-file done in Lazarus.
> The question is: if I include those 4 files into resources, and link
> them into my exe-file, how can I save them back to HDD from already
> linked executable?
> To make the clear picture, all of you know what NSIS installer or Inno
> setup does, how can I make the same thing?
> I simply want that my exe create/save other files (that are in
> resources, linked into running exe) at the runtime.

Instead, load the extractor into a TMemoryStream, attach streams of the
resources to the end of it, then add pointers to the end of that to the
start location of each resource.   Have the main extractor read itself
into a filestream, get the pointers for each individual resource, and
extract them back out.

Pretty simple actually, and appending to the end of the main file
doesn't break the executable.

-Tony