In a message dated 3/29/2006 5:21:03 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >     I don't know Delphi behavior at all, but based on my experience with
> >     MSAccess, it is not possible to have a ShowModal + Form2.anything.
> >     "Modal" mode creates a window that must, somehow, be closed (either
> >     canceled or completed) before the application proceeds to some other
> >     step. If Dephi allows other than this, then I think it is wrong, and
> >     Lazarus doesn't need to concern itself with it. When an application
>
> I think at least recursive ShowModal should work correctly. It's not
> strange for a form that needs input from a user to itself need more
> input for some specific "field".

That definitely works in Delphi, and this is how it should be...

Michael.
I agree, a recursive "ShowModal" is understandable and should be allowable, but I think once the application has gone into "Modal" mode, it should stay there until all questions have been answered. A second form not in "modal" mode just doesn't make a lot of sense to me