> > "There is no excuse for Oil being a raw material needed to ship food"
> >
> > No, there isn't. Which is why those who can are switching to gas (which,
> > lo and behold, farmers can produce that themselves) and hydrogen and
> > trains anyways. The only "problem" is the lag of the infrastructure,
> > that is, inertia. But that wasn't the point, I see.

And as for hydrogen: how do you make hydrogen? By using energy to first get the
hydrogen?

I'm not familiar with the process. I know you can make hydrogen from water, by
dissecting water into pieces through electrolysis. But this costs you energy -
the electricity that it takes to make hydrogen may be more than what you are in
fact getting OUT of the hydrogen that you produce. I'm not sure though. Then
again, it does cost us money to run oil rigs and etc. - and we do get more oil
out of the ground than it costs us to retrieve the oil.