On 4/19/06, Joost van der Sluis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No, pseudo-code, see Michaels mail for the real commands.

Yep, I've seen them.   Interesting. It's good to know about them .

> > Indeed, it's not visible.  Therefore: the same user can see that record
> > in one place, and at the same time he doesn't see the record in another
> > place. Is this truly a good thing ?

> No. I would use one transaction for one user.
This happens in a middle-tier application, i guess.

> Or you can decide to use one transaction for each form, or one for each
> thread. That's all up to the developer.

I see.

Just a last note (maybe this is useful for someone):
When using postgresql and there are too many users, it is possible to use
connection polling  :   http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/

Adrian Maier