We just went through this same process. We converted a Delphi app
using the Adobe and Flash OCX's to Lazarus.  To make it
cross-platform, we borrowed the functionality used in the
Mozilla/Gecko browsers.  Browser plugins!

I created a component called the Mozilla Plugin Panel.  It allows you
to (theoretically) embed any browser plugin into this component on a
form.  The Panel fools the browser plugins to think they are running
inside a browser.

Luckily for you, I open-sourced the project a few weeks back in the
hopes that someone might help with the Linux support.  ;-)
It works 100% under Windows and I tested it with the Adobe Acrobat and
Macromedia Flash plugins.  I am still working on the Linux support
(getting there) and better demos, so if you need help getting started,
just ask.

You can get the source from my SubVersion server as follows.

svn co svn://opensoft.homeip.net/MozillaPluginPanel/trunk MozillaPluginPanel

Regards,
  - Graeme -

> Hello,
>
> I'm porting an old Delphi application to Lazarus. This application, needs
> to embeed a PDF viewer in its interface.
>
> I did it with an OCX provided by Adobe, that I imported to Delphi's component
> palette. Delphi allowes me to iclude an OCX as a normal Delphi's component.
>
> Is there any way to incorporate an OCX as an Lazarus component ? If not,
> how can I include and instanciate an OCX component to a Lazarus Forms ?
> Anybody
> can help me ?
>
> Thanks.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1