On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:41:54 +0330, darekM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho napisał(a):
Hello,

I´ve being talking to roozbeh about adding Smartphone and PDA support for Lazarus. Bellow I will try to summarize some problems and give a possible solution. Please contribute with your own solutions or other problems I haven´t thought of.

Just my solution
I start write GUI with TurboPower library for DOS (under TurboPascal 3)
any control on Form is added by function like this
AddStringField(label, posLabelX, posLabelY, mask, posFieldX,posFieldY ... ect. when I port my application from DOS to windows I used the same code, but I write my interface between TurboPower API and VCL.

For example, I recalculate pos of Label and Field : in Dos pos was in chars, in VCL and LCL is the same, its simple multiple by height of line. Now I hav'nt problem with different shape of controls, different size of fonts under different OS. Now I don't use visual part of Delphi (nor Lazarus), all controls are added by command (functions), and then I can everything change in runtime.

I dont think this solution is a good one.
As we are talking to ease things not to make them harder,or create a new interface, we can easily achieve this becouse interfaces are each designed for specific os,so we can say in wince this button with that x,y being drawned to another x,y.

The problem is we have wince interface,which it also varies a lot,so if your solution is choosed,it means to have seperate lcl interfaces for pocketpc,smartphone and so on.