In all of this talk about the need for a foundation it has been said how
we could have these people doing this job instead of the developers. We
could have others doing other jobs, etc. etc. etc.

Well as the statements point out this needs people. It needs people that
are involved and interested in FPC/Lazarus. That is where the problem
starts.

I don't think the people pushing the foundation have a clear grasp of just
how small a community we really are. There are not alot of people
interested in FPC/Lazarus. Without those people being interested there is
no one to take over these foundation jobs or positions.

Just as a comparison I have looked up some details on other foundations
mentioned in these emails.

Apache Foundation:

   Currently there are 161 Active Developers in charge of and
   working on approved Apache projects.

OpenOffice:

   Currently they have 40 Active Developers in charge of and
   working on approved OO projects.

   They also have a similar numbers working on incubator and
   native-lang projects.

   Totals over 100

Lazarus:

   The Web Site has 4,337 registered users. Wow sounds like
   alot. Sounds like a nice community. But wait .....

   The Lazarus Developers mailing list has a grand total of 12
   developers. Of those 12 I think 4 and not even interested
   and some others have done stuff in the past but aren't able to
   assist at this time. So out of that list we have about 5-6
   developers working on Lazarus.

   The Lazarus mailing list has a grand total of 470 people
   interested enough to keep up on what is happening with the
   project.

What it boils down to is where are these Foundation members and Foundation
administrators, etc. etc. going to come from? So who would do it? The core
developers would be the only ones to do it. So what would be the benefit
to them to do it? There wouldn't be any. This is where our thought process
is coming from on this matter.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.miraclec.com
Phone: 570-388-2211  Fax: 570-388-6101