On Fri, 19 May 2006 02:25:16 +0200
"A.J. Venter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >[...]
> > > Did you make any changes ? I'll test mine tomorrow (it's very late
> > > here)
> >
> > No, I did a svn update, then I went to the command line, and did "make
> > clean all"
> Doesn't work here.

What doesn't work?

> > Next I recompiled only LCL for Gtk2 (from the IDE), and it worked.
> My lazarus hangs when I do that,

Can you reproduce that? If yes, please start the IDE in gdb and create a
backtrace.

> I have to rerun make, then rebuild with
> gtk1,  gives me enough gtk2 for my apps to be compiled - but it might
> prevent the  GTK2 def from being passed to trayicon ? If so that's a bug
> either in lazarus  or in ttrayicon, I'm not sure.
> On a hunch I opened the ttrayicon.lpk file, changed it's compiler options
> to  use gtk2, reinstalled, rebuilt wole for gtk2 - same result. Same stack
> trace  as well. So it doesn't matter what the component's compiler options
> say -  which makes sense, it ought to receive it from the parent app. But
> it also  ought to do so regardless of whether the LCL is using the same
> widget set as  the project target.

When the IDE compiles itself (LCL + IDE + installed packages) it compiles
for the target set in the configure build lazarus dialog (Target cpu, os,
widgetset). Even if the project has another target. This has been fixed a
few weeks ago, so it does not always work with 0.9.14.

> I reckon I should fix the lazarus issue first but I am stumped as to what
> could be causing it. Even a gdb backtrace didn't tell me anything usefull,
>
> just that it's pango that crashed.
> Lazarus's own backtraces are talking bull, complaining about crashes in
> whichever component was the last to be added, remove the component and it
> just moves one step back in history - e.g. it doesn't show me what is
> REALLY  wrong.
> Mattias you wouldn't have any theories perhaps ? If I have any idea  where
> to  look for the cause of the bug  I would be happy to fix it.

Where are the crashes? In the IDE? Which widgetset? Which components
installed?

Mattias