> Help -> Configure Help -> Databases -> StartPage -> BaseURL should be
> something like
>
> file:///C:/Programme/lazarus/

it is file://C:\Programme\lazarus\docs\html but i think the \ arent a
problem in this case
called is C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\User\C:\Programme\lazarus\docs\html
witch not exists

> Use the browse button, and it should create this format automatically.

> Sorry, I don't have windows.

i know, but why the "windows users home diretory" ? :) C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\User is added bevore the path ?
is the path in linux /home/user/ + /shared/lazarus/help ... ?

> > 3. i have tried 0.9.16 thats marked as "STABLE"
>
> ?

you dosend have windows i know but bvevore a version with an even number is
created
those functionality can be tested by vincent, mark or someone other who have
windoes or not ?!

> > what i try to find in an help every day are things like format strings
> > descriptuion and stuff ...
> > maybe this is other for other people.
>
> ?

only my point of view what iam searching in an help, maybe youre right and
the lcl documentation is more important
than the rtl documentation

> > right, but maybe ther are people without internet or without an
permanent
> > commenction or
> > an commenction that dont supports 300k/s transfers ?!
>
> Packages (tgz/rpm/deb) containing the help pages are planned.

as i have seen, thers already an rpm but no precompiled help stuff for
windows

> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Lazarus_Documentation_Editor
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Creating_IDE_Help
> http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/fpcdoc/fpdoc/fpdoc.html
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Add_Help_to_Your_Application

> All these links can be found on the main page of the lazarus-ccr wiki.

oops :) sorry

> As Michael said: wikis are too unstructured.
> And the wiki search function is very bad.
> So although the things are documented (or better: started), people don't
> find it. Maybe you can help to improve it a little bit.

my fault, havent seen the entrys

to change things in pages like documentation i have too mutch respect.
example:
  maybe its better to move the IDE Documentation section more to the top of
Documentation
  as the user get first intouch with the ide and then with the language and
lcl
  BUT when i move it more to the top the 8 pages in different languages have
to be changed also
  maybe i get this working for most languages also but at example japanese
is a problem :)

Christian