Jesus Reyes wrote:
 --- Alex du Plessis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

Sorry Dave,

That's not it yet.

Here is my code:

StringGrid1.InsertColRow(false,1);//Notice it is creating a new
line at the top of the grid
StringGrid1.Col := 1;
StringGrid1.Row := 2;

And this works fine.  The line is created  at the top and the focus

moved to the second row. no problems there.

However, when you move to any cell in the newly created row (either
by clicking or keyboard) the access violation occurs?

Any thoughts?

Alex

David B Copeland wrote:
Alex,

If you did something like: Grid.Row := Grid.RowCount , this will
fail
because the rows range from 0 to (RowCount - 1). I would expect
that
Grid.InsertColRow(false,Grid.RowCount) would also fail. The same
applies
to Grid.Cells[col,row]. For example, to add a new row after the
last,
you could use code like this ...

  var wRow: integer;
begin
    wRow := SGItems.RowCount;
    SGItems.RowCount := SGItems.RowCount + 1;
    SGItems.Cells[1, wRow] := CBProdCode.Text;
    SGItems.Row := wRow; // highlights the new row
end;

Dave.