I remember a feature in D6 in the UnitEditor: a vertical code browser
for fast-searching in source code. This was a very nice gadget.

1. Any-one work[ed,ing] on this?

2. Can I use VirtualTreeView as a new component/source dependency to
implement such a feature? (It has everything required to build such a
tool.) If no, what should be used?

3. I was planning to develop this in another form, then dock that form
in the UnitEditor if desired. I know this mechanism is not working
well right now, but some patches are working... Should this avenue be
kept?

4. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get information
about a source file's structure (interface, implementation,
initialization, finalization) but where is it?

5. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get all the type
/ classes / procedures / functions in the interface section of a
source file... but where is it? (I assume that because of
code-completion Ctrl+c that works well.)

6. I'm sure there are already functions and tools to get all the types
/ var / procedures / functions present in the implementation part of a
source file... but where can I find these?

7. Any function to detect {$i include.inc} in a source file? (I
personally hate these, but I know someone talked about code-folding
such include files: that would be awesome, especially if a search in a
document would extend into the .inc files too... this is another
feature I want to work on, because searching is a pain... and also
working on another feature: there is 'find declaration' but 'find
implementation' is missing...)

Best regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc