2006/7/18, bobby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Why?
I have a program that I would like to optimize a bit. The problem is
that the program writes a lot of data to StringGrid cells in a loop.
The idea is to have a non-visual grid (I hope it will be faster than
StrinGrid), and to copy its content to StringGrid after finishing the loop.

You will not save time if you copy the information back into the grid
after. This would be a waste of your time and cpu cycles to do that.
Instead, load the data in the grid, but desable the refresh on the
screen with TStringGrid.BeginUpdate and TStringGrid.EndUpdate. It will
help much more that what you are planning to do.

Regards.

--
Alexandre Leclerc