2006/7/15, Al Boldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Alexandre Leclerc wrote:
> 2006/7/15, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:35:29 -0400
> >
> > "Alexandre Leclerc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I remember a feature in D6 in the UnitEditor: a vertical code browser
> > > for fast-searching in source code. This was a very nice gadget.
> >
> > Do you mean the View -> Code Explorer?
>
> Yes, exactly that. I see a lot of work has already been done. Next
> step is to dock that in the UnitEditor. I see many features are
> already in lazarus, but simply not at hand or don't know about it. The
> work left is almost better UI integration and presentation.

Did you take a look at the TStudio layout?

It doesn't use the docking subsystem, because that still needs some work, but
it statically docks the complete IDE, with variable splitters, as a stop-gap
solution.

No I did not see that... I'll take a look in the source code. What has
to be done to build the IDE with it?

Usually I do not like complete docked IDE's (MDI). I like at least 3
separate windows... as traditionnal delphi. Using F11 & F12 is good
integration for me :) But evevrything related to units (browsing code,
history, tools, etc.) I like to have that all together.

I saw the new IDE of D2005... but did not like it. I must say I never
worked with it too. It was a demo version from borland.

--
Alexandre Leclerc