Hi

I gave an SQLQuery2 with SQL = 'select * from purchdtemp'
I mapped its datasource to a dbgrid. But the dbgrid acts 'read only' now. This is a temporary table I which I used in Delphi for keying in Purchase order details. Then, I write the data from this table to actual 'purchorderdetails', after keying in the whole PO.

So each time the program is loaded, this table is made empty.

what do i do?

regards

Nataraj

Joost van der Sluis wrote:
I need to have a TTable component for MySQL using SQLDB. This is to
straight away key in data into the table using dbgrid.

You can do that with sqldb

How do I simulate this using a TSQLQuery compo? Will 'InsertSQL'
property help me this?

It could, but in the most cases (select * from table) you won't need
it.

Where do I get the docs for TSQLQuery component?

;) docs?

There are some documents on the wiki, and you can have a look at the
examples (fcl/db/sqldb/examples) or maybe the db-tests (fcl/dbtests)

Joost

begin:vcard
fn:http://www.gsis.ac.in
n:S Narayan;Nataraj
org:Good Shepherd International School;Software
adr:Niligiris, ;;M.Palada;Ootacamund;TN;643004;INDIA
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Project Coordinator
tel;work:0423 2550371 - 307
x-mozilla-html:TRUE