On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Lars Eriksen wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am considering using FP/Lazarus for an end-user GUI application project that
> runs on Windows.
>
> It would be highly appreciated if you could answer any of the following
> questions:
>
> 1. Is FP stable enough for production use (= are there any limitations that
> could make it less than ideal)?

FPC is stable and ready for production use since years.

There are companies who are converting their flagship products to FPC/Lazarus.

> 2. Is there a debugger (console or GUI) for FP?

Yes. GDB. You can use Insight as a GUI or better Lazarus, for that matter.

> 3. Does FP have templates/generics (something I seriously missed in Delphi)?

No. They are on the drawing board, though.

> 4. Does the Win32 variant of Lazarus run on top of GTK+?

No. It's native win32.

> 5. What is the smallest executable size of a pure FP Win32 console app?

That depends. 30K or so ?

> 6. What is the smallest executable size of a FP/Lazarus Win32 GUI app?

This, I don't know.

> 7. Is the Lazarus GUI toolkit sufficiently complete (= does the usual stuff,
> buttons, list boxes, list views, panels, forms, images and fonts work)?

Yes, obviously.
Look at the IDE itself, it's written using the GUI toolkit...

Michael