Michael Van Canneyt schreef:

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:07:42 -0400
"Alexandre Leclerc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As posted on another thread:
http://www.lazarus-resource.com/resource-manager.shtml

I see that this little application is doing exactly what is missing
for an easy RAD way to configure Win32 applications. Now I know that
this is not the same under all OS. But I see no major reasons not to
include this piece of code directly inside Project -> Project Options.
The same information could be used in other projects; like on linux.
.desktop files could be created with information about where to find
the icon, program information, etc.

This is not because Windows is the only OS that put it all in the same
file that we can't do nothing about it on other OS.

In fact, Free Pascal suppprts including Windows resources in the binary
on all ELF platforms (e.g. linux). The fpcres program does exactly that.

{$R somefile.res}

will include the resource file in the binary. This feature is enabled even
in the fixes branch.

In fact, Lazarus could switch now to using this for including form files.
This would drastically reduce the memory requirements of all Lazarus applications.

Except for macosx...

Vincent