On 8/20/06, Albert Zeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi,

 Is there a way to cast an interface to an object?

 If I have an interface:

 IBlub = interface
   function GetSomething(): TObject;
 end;

 And somewhere, I have:

 var
   Blub: IBlub;

 (...)

 But is there a better, direct way? It seems like a hack/workaround to
implement such a function.

AFAIK there isn't, and it seems to me that the hack instead would be
allowing wide access to the interface implementor when the interface
developer clearly didn't think it was a nice idea ;-)
It is technically feasible, however, so I'll leave a final answer up
to FPC developers.

-Flávio