On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 12:49 -0300, Flávio Etrusco wrote:

Again, I can't see any use for overriding/inheriting from
TControlScrollbar... One would have to inherit the control from
TScrollingWinControl and use quite some hacks to be able to change the
instance of the scrollbars to new one...

I've done that... inherit from TScrollingWinControl that is.  The check register component in CheckBook Tracker used that method.  I needed a scrolling win control, but needed the scrollbar to handle many thousands of entries, and I wanted to custom draw the entire of the window based on the scroll position.  The default component always sized the scrollbar wrong, and wouldn't truly scroll from zero to the end - it would never go to the edges of the range.

I found the built-in scrollbars for TScrollingWinControl to be totally useless for anything other than scrolling a canvas.

-Tony