Am Freitag, den 08.09.2006, 03:56 -0300 schrieb Flávio Etrusco:
I've seen many sh***y things coming from MS through the years, but I
you really saying that their stretch (down) algorithm is worst than
"copy every Nth pixel"??? This is something I'll have to see before my
eyes ;-)

Yes, I don't know the exact algorithm of the StretchBtl from WINAPI, but the result by it looks a little bit crappier than to copy every Nth pixel. :)

Look here the difference in my little game Robot:
Copy every Nth pixel: http://www.az2000.de/downloads/own_stretch.png
WINAPI: http://www.az2000.de/downloads/ms_stretch.png
GTK: http://www.az2000.de/downloads/gtk_stretch.png

BTW, there's a WinAPI function to set the stretch quality... I don't
remember its name right now, unfortunately :-(

This is interesting. Is the WINAPI StretchBtl affected by this?

Albert

PS: Sorry Flávio, I hit the wrong button so you will get another private copy of this mail :)