On 9/8/06, Adrian Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/8/06, Cesar Romero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Burkhard Carstens escreveu:

> >> An interesting dream indeed:  to choose an 'ajax'  library instead of
> >> gtk/qt/etc ,
> >> then rebuild the lazarus application  and obtain some kind of cgi
> >> that would be the web version of the application.
> >
> > Let me know, when the first beta is available! I'd test it immediately!
> > ;-)
>
> Me too :-D

Ok. For all the people who are interested: the release will be exactly
on 8 oct ,
12:35 GMT. The date can be changed anytime, and the year is not sure
at all    ;-)

Now seriously.  I've found the link to that library.  It's called "Wt:
a C++ Web Toolkit"
http://jose.med.kuleuven.ac.be/wt/Home.fcg?wtd=gUpPsXX4wFl4eIwM&js=yes&ajax=yes

Assuming that this Wt has enough features, it might be possible to wrap it from
LCL.  But there is surely a lot of work involved, and I guess that
only the basic
controls will be supported.  It is interesting to investigate nevertheless.

AJAX is not a magic, all you need is a code that can handle xml, and
http requests (such as cgi). That's all you need.  :)

--
Adrian Maier

Ido