On 10/18/06, Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I can see, the sqldb unit has support for oracle databases. I
> haven't
> tried it myself though .
> The sqldb tab contains TIBConnection, TODBCConnection, TPQConnection,
> TMysqlConnection   -  but no TOracleConnection .

That's simply because it is not registered. You can add the registration
yourself: open registersqldb.pas in lazarus/components/sqldb,
add oracleconnection to the uses list, and add the following
  TOracleConnection,
before the line with TPQConnection, which is line 61.

I suspected that it's trivial to add it if you know enough details about how
is Lazarus implemented ,    but not that it's  *so* easy !

Best wishes,
Adrian Maier