Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 11/22/06, Haruyuki FUJIMAKI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Of course, FreePascal/Lazarus is the most popular alternative.
About 1/3 of Kylixers are coming here.
See the result of Q.10 of the "unofficial Kylix survey":
http://hpcgi2.nifty.com/Fujimaki/Kylix/results.cgi

Then that makes me one of those Kylixers. Pitty I missed the survey.
I used both Delphi 7 and Kylix 3 before I moved to the dark side.
:-)

Here is the Light Side :-).
Borland/CodeGear has turned to the Dark Side,
deciding to live as a kingdom in the Galactic Empire.

BTW, the survey is still open:
http://homepage2.nifty.com/Fujimaki/kylix_survey/
You can vote if you still expect Borland/CodeGear to revive Kylix.
I gave up expecting it.
Despite the last movement of Kylix-request,
triggered by Simon Kissel's "The alternative Delphi roadmap",
(http://delphiroadmap.untergrund.net/)
Borland/CodeGear is neglecting its customers voice.
Simon also seems to quit discussing in the delphi.nontech.

The lesson I've learned from the Kylix tragedy is that
relying too much upon a private company,
which works not for users but for stockholders, is risky.

I also deeply feel that a (Delphi)"community" which fully depends on a proprietary company and cannot affect its decision making and even cannot start a derivative project is helpless and sad.

Long live the Galactic Republic!

Haruyuki Fujimaki
Tsukuba, Japan