On 11/23/06, Fujimaki Haruyuki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The lesson I've learned from the Kylix tragedy is that
relying too much upon a private company,
which works not for users but for stockholders, is risky.

I also deeply feel that a (Delphi)"community" which fully depends on a
proprietary company and cannot affect its decision making and even
cannot start a derivative project is helpless and sad.

I couldn't say it better myself. My company has been burnt by this,
hence the reason I now embrace Open-Source software like Free Pascal
and Lazarus.
No lock-ins, I can shape it's future and available forever!  :-)

--
Graeme Geldenhuys
Location: S 34° 03.168'  E018° 49.342'

There's no place like 127.0.0.1