The trivial one-form app on Lazarus is not trivial at all. Due to
various technical reason I will skip here, the one-form app on Lazarus
will add code for almost all standard controls, XML library, all
pascal rtl and substancial portions of free component library as well,
which combined with gnu linker on windows leads to slow linking. This
also explains the big size of executables.

on my machine a one-form app takes 10 seconds to compile, link and run
on Windows XP, and about 1 or 2 seconds on Linux.

One important factor to take into accound here is scalability. I would
say LCL is about the size of Qt, and given that Qt takes so much more
time to compile then LCL, I would say Free Pascal scales better.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho