> But when it comes to speed, you can't use Python. It's a script-
> interpreter! Just like Matlab...

Matlab has compiler (into C)
Python has compilers (see Microsoft's IronPython for .NET for example)

> Further one small remarks:
> - Python isn't a programming language. Your introduction about Python
> says: 'written in Python programming language. It is an interesting
> interpreter'. Which is offcourse a contradiction in terminis. I guess
> that you would never write something that stupid about structural
> analysis in the book. (like: The structure is statically
> determinate, so
> it can't be solved by equations of statics)

Who says interpretted languages aren't programming languages? But anyway,
there are compilers for Python (as I said in previous e-mail I've made
compiler for Logo [generates Pascal from it] and you can do similarly for
pretty any language combined with some small or bigger runtime [for
reflection or name/value dictionaries etc.] for the dynamic stuff)

> About using Lazarus as a IDE for Python: some ppl here can react very
> hostile to that idea. And that's for a reason. From time to time ppl
> come here to tell us that Lazarus is great, but it's only a pity that
> it's written/used for Pascal.

Which filetypes does the Laz IDE now highlight? For example can it highlight
.XML or .XSL files? Since unihighlighter supports a ton of languages (have
contributed highlighter for Logo myself for example some time ago) I don't
see why the IDE shouldn't support all those and allow people to use it as a
universal programming editor if they wish so apart from using it for Pascal
projects (why use yet another text editor along with the nice Laz text
editor?). Delphi has been doing that too and VS.net does the same too, can
open and highlight many different filetypes and even provide intellisense
for many of them

----------------
George Birbilis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Computer & Informatics Engineer
Microsoft MVP J# for 2004-2007
Borland "Spirit of Delphi"
3D, QuickTime, QTVR, Java, Delphi,
ActiveX, .NET components, Robotics
http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
http://birbilis.spaces.live.com

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0703-0, 13/01/2007
Tested on: 17/1/2007 5:06:04 ??