Jeff Steinkamp wrote:
> I get 300 -500 emails a day between mailing list that I am subscribed to
> along with support request for the software I support.
>
> There was nothing sent to my by the list owner when I subscribe to this
> list that I was required to leave my Reply-To field blank.  I have been
> involved with the internet and mailing list since the days of the old
> Military DDN and NEVER have I head of this requirement -"netiquette".

The real problem IMHO is that most email clients do not properly support
'Reply to Group' (in essence, reply to To: address), or the user does
not configure them correctly to do so. In these cases, it's simpler for
the users to have the mailing list server add a Reply-To header, so that
the regular 'Reply' button will reply to the group.

It's netiquette to not change the Reply-To header by servers; as far as
I understood things correctly. This implies that replies using regular
email client software will not go to group, but the writer personally.

Micha