Adrian Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  On 3/28/07, Darmawan Sugiarto wrote:
> hello guys...
> I used PostGreSQL 8.0.3 and WIn32
>
> I try to connect my first project with Lazarus to PostGreSQL but there is an
> error..."EDatabaseError" -> could not translate host name "172.0.0.1" to
> address: Unknown host...
> Here my simple code
>
> procedure TForm1.BitBtn1Click(Sender: TObject);
> begin
> PQConnection1.HostName:='127.0.0.1';
> PQConnection1.UserName:='superuser';
> PQConnection1.Password:='admin';
> PQConnection1.Open;
> end;

You could try to set the hostname to 'localhost' instead of '127.0.0.1' .
Or specify the ip address of your ethernet card ( by default PostgreSQL
accepts only local connections ).

But first of all, you should make sure that PostgreSQL accepts TCP/IP
connections . Are you able to connect with :
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U user database_name
?

Also : (this may not work in Win32) in Linux it is possible to leave
the hostname
empty , which means that the program will connect to postgresql using
local sockets (which don't exist on windows).

--
Adrian Maier

  Thanks for your support but it's not work...
  I try change  like this

   PQConnection1.HostName:='localhost';
 PQConnection1.UserName:='superuser';
 PQConnection1.Password:='admin';
 PQConnection1.DatabaseName:='db';

  But If i change PQConnection1's properties It's work before I compile my
code...
  If I compile my code I see that error.... I don't know where is the mistake???

  I stack......

Bored stiff? Loosen up...