Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Can someone give a short example or point me to the right mail, where
> > AllocateHWnd is needed and why it must be implemented in all LCL
> > interfaces instead of the LCL?
>
> At some point I thougth about implementing it purely on LCL, but I
> discarted this option a little later. It was a implementation option.
> I don´t remember exactly the reasons,

I think the reason you abandoned it is because you want to leverage existing
code, which is fine.  But you probably loose cross-platform compatibly that
way, as each platform does it differently, unless you are really lucky.

On linux, for example, message loops are done via IPC, as is shmem and mutex.
So, what we need is an IPC component, that wraps the platform details inside
the component, and exposes a platform-independent interface.

> but I can try to thing again about it.

Good idea.

Thanks!

--