Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
Hi to all... I want to know the state of compatibility of doing software
for Mac in Lazarus

Lazarus support for Mac OS X is every day better! Thanks to the great
work of Tomas and others:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Carbon_interface_internals

and if it will be never possible, in the future, to
compile software for iPhone (that will use a Mini version of Mac Osx and
i thought arm CPUs).

If Apple releases binutils for the iPhone (assembler and linker), it
should be relative easy to port fpc for it, as most of the mac os x
code could be reused.

I'm asking that cause actually there is no way to "write once compile
everywere" in the palms world: but Lazarus could have a really great
opportunity in that sense due to the feat it haves to cross compile
software.

Exactly =) What I think will be of particular relevance in the future
to get a strong "write once compile everywhere" on the Smartphone /
PDA world is the fpGUI interface for lazarus.

Because it´s quick to be ported (because it´s custom drawn), it can be
quickly adjusted to the rapidly changing PDAs (for example: uiq 2,
uiq3, etc, s60, s80, etc).

At the moment I am working on the SymbianOS port of fpc, and hope to
some day write a symbian uiq port for fpgui.

I hope you will have success, in the meantime I'm trying to diffuse the verb ;)

Lazarus, Rise and walk ;)