On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 13:15 +0200, A.J. Venter wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to be able to store images inside a postgresql table
> (inserted WITH a lazarus app) then retrieve them again and display
> them from inside a different lazarus app.
> XPM would do, but jpg would be ideal.
>
> I am guessing the process would be something like this:
>
> Inserting an image:
> Use a TImageSelect dialog to select the filename
> Load the file into a TStringList;
> SQL Insert TStringlist.Strings
> (Easiest way to get from file to string)
> What would be the best SQL type to store it as ? BLOB ?

If you have a blob-field, you can access it directly using a stream.
(It's even the fastest way - all other methods will also create a
stream, and convert it from there)

So no need for any string-conversions. Just use:

TImage.LoadFromStream(Dataset.CreateBlobStream(Field,bmread));

But why don't you use a TDBImage?

Joost.