Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Thanks Marc.  I might have a early peak at the lcl-marc branch then.
My problem is the blended colors when I enlarge a bitmap.  The
clMagenta color is easy to remove, but the edge of the actual image is
blended with clMagenta creating a slightly non-Magenta color, which
will not be picked up in my masking.  Which means the resulting
enlarged image has a pink halo around it.

I had the same problem when implementing it for carbon (and I'm not fully happy there, since OSX somhow remembers your operations)

What i did there was maskdraw the unscaled source, on a black alpha image (iirc) and then alpha draw the result streched. In theory there shouldn't be a mask color anymore, but somehow you still see some remains.

See the blended clMagenta in the attached image.

this one is worse than mine:
  http://www.dommelstein.nl/scrap/alpha_gtk.png
  http://www.dommelstein.nl/scrap/alpha_win32.png
  http://www.dommelstein.nl/scrap/alpha_carbon.png