Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 14/07/07, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What i did there was maskdraw the unscaled source, on a black alpha
image (iirc) and then alpha draw the result streched. In theory there
shouldn't be a mask color anymore, but somehow you still see some remains.

That sounds like what I had in mind. I was going to draw the original
masked bitmap to a temp canvas the same background color as the form I
want to paint to. Then enlarge that temp canvas, before I paint it to
the Form. At least that way, the blended edges are the same color as
the form's background.

(I wouldn't use a canvas, but native drawing in a widgetset implementation)

this one is worse than mine:

I guess there are a few factors that could contribute to mine looking
worse. For one, I enlarged a 16x16 bitmap to 70x70 (a 4.3x
magnification). This was only a test though.

Mine is a 16x16 blown up to 32x32 where a alpha testpattern was added. This 32x32 is displayed at 104x104

The other possibility
could be what interpolation filter you use. I used Mitchel
Interpolation by default.

On carbon I cannot chose which filter to use (afaik). But in any case, I think the filter shoul not see the remains of the masked original image

Marc