On 7/19/07, Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am looking at bug 1188: TButton.Color doesn't work on windows.
http://www.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=1188

Does anybody know how to change the buttons color on windows (without
resorting to ownerdrawn)?

There is no way to change a color of standard Windows button, except
for system-wide change via Control Panel. Correspondingly, there is no
TButton.Color property in Delphi.
(See also
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms673328.aspx#button_color_messages).
The color actually used is available in Delphi as clBtnFace constant.

Personally, I would say that this is ok, as it improves interface consistency.
Instead of adding TButton.Color property, a descendant component (e.g.
TColorButton or TCustomButton) should be implemented on all
widgetsets.

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.