On 7/19/07, Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 19/07/07, Alexander Klenin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is no way to change a color of standard Windows button, except
> for system-wide change via Control Panel. Correspondingly, there is no
> TButton.Color property in Delphi.

I'm afraid you are wrong here!  TButton under Delphi and Kylix has a
Color property, which was introduced by TControl.  And yes under
Delphi it does change the button's face color. We have used this in
some of our multimedia applications.

It's a limitation of Lazarus, not VCL or CLX.
I am not sure what version of Delphi you are talking about, but at
least under Delphi 7,
Color is protected property of TControl which is not published by its
descendants
TColor -> TWinControl -> TButtonControl -> TButton.
Forcing access to it via inheritance and setting Color property anyway
has no effect -- I just checked.

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.