Bram Kuijvenhoven wrote:
Well maybe it's 'Visual Object Oriented Engineering' --- e.g. drag & drop your UML diagrams and automagically generate the code from it. I didn't know that was a feature of VB though ;)

But of course everyone knows Lazarus supports RAMATC and JAAPYCI, so I'm pretty sure that will convince him!
Everybody knows that they can gang up on me to have an argument :-)

but I think one 'killer' feature of Lazarus that would really propel this software is being able to run in a browser.

What I mean by this is - take a delphi application, import, recompile and have it run as a web app.

As dumb as this sounds... I have been looking into it.

Using Javascript seems to be the way. Although I know there are some challenges.

I'm not able to fully ascertain the complexity (read cost) of doing this, but it is worth pondering.

Other proprietory code compilers don't seem to be going this way.....

Let me just recap... go into the Lazarus IDE, build your app, publish, run in the web browser.....

Yes, there are some other things to do first, but having this in version 2.0 of lazarus seems to be a very sensible idea.

Next I will rewrite the feature list for what I think should be v.1.00.... it is basically what we have, but ads in the xml/web-services components, GLScene, and LazReport. That is enough for now....

David