Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: 20 August 2007 15:45
Aan: lazarus@miraclec.com
Onderwerp: Re: [lazarus] VOOE Programming ?

> Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> I mean, do you think Lazarus is ready for 1.0, if there are more than

>> 700 open bug reports? To me, this is not only an indication that
>> Lazarus is being used, but also that it is not ready for 1.0 yet and
>> adding new components to it is the way to get it 1.0 ready.
> I was told early in my career that if you can't find at least 1000
> defects in a complex software project then the testers aren't doing
> their jobs properly :-)
>
> Hey, it's a ver. 1.00. That already tells users to expect one or two
> things that don't work correctly to be sorted out in ver. 1.10
>
> More importantly, we have a deadline approaching....
>
> Systems-2007
>
> promotion time.....
>
> so we should be looking to exploit all the hard effort so far and show

> off a bit.... maybe we can even find some commercial sponsors to help
> with funds to do it...
>
> right ?

I have some serious objections to the way this discussion is going. It
does seem that catchy logo's and major version numbers are considered
more important than quality of code. IMHO nothing beats quality and as
long as lazarus has loads of serious bugs there's no use to take the
next hurdle already. Want to speed things up? Then start sending
patches. If you can find a sponsor, even better. But the baseline is
there's a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed. What good is promoting a
non finished piece of software in such a high profile way? It will only
dissapoint expectencies and turn down potential users.

Darius