Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:12:29 +0200
Tiziano_mk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

(reposted after problems with my subscription)

It seems to me that if I check the "Scan output for Free Pascal
Compiler messages" checkbox this should happen.

Am I missing something important?

All messages are filtered and only the hints/warnings/errors are shown.

mmmh, I tryed with this sequence:

writeln('Hint: a Hint');
writeln('Warning: a Warning');
writeln('Note: a Note');
writeln('Hint: a Hint');
writeln('Error: an Error');
writeln('Note: this was after the error');

but the Messages window displays only:

Note: a Note
Error: an Error

Maybe a checkbox is needed to show all messages.

Yes, looking at exttooledtdlg it seems that it is simply missing, since
the fOptions.ShowAllOutput was already defined.

The homework was simple and here is the patch.
(In next message if this is correctly sent to the mailing list)

One other question:
How about converting this unit into a form unit?
I am going to make it as a personal exercise, but I'd like to know if this can then submitted as a patch for the IDE.

tiziano