On 24/10/2007, ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe this is a "feature" of FVWM (I never used it for a long time
> though, so I'm not sure). The "title" is a new window that is attached
> to your window at X11 protocol. So I believe that some properties of a
> windows in the xlib level will cause different visibility in different
> WM.

I understand the XLib embedded window in a window concept. Tooltips,
Popup Menus are implemented by asking the window manager NOT to paint
the window decoration (borders, titles etc). No embedded window.
Normal windows get the embedded window which contains the window
decoration.

I'm just curious as to why in Gnome the same window has a title bar,
but under FVWM that window hasn't.  The code didn't change and I
didn't recompile Lazarus! I just switched window managers.  So is
there a TForms property being set by Lazarus that causes the
underlying window manager to interpret it differently?

Regards,
  - Graeme -