Hi All,
 I am making some progress with Lazarus. It is a great tool and hope to learn
it well. I have a problem when trying to connect to MySQL 4.1. I used some of
the code from the tutorial essentially and I have the following code

MySQLConnection1.HostName := HostEdit.Text;MySQLConnection1.UserName :=
UserEdit.Text;MySQLConnection1.Password :=
PasswdEdit.Text;MySQLConnection1.DatabaseName :='mysql';
MySQLConnection1.Open;

I stepped through each of the MySQL commands from HostName to Open to find out
the problem. I encountered a problem when I tried to do MySQLConnection1.Open;
and got the following error

Project Raised exception class 'EInOutError" with message:
Can not load MySQL library "libmysqlclient.so". Please check your installation.

I added the MYSQL41Connection, TSQLQuery, TSQLTransaction from the SQLdb tab in
Lazarus. If I look at the Project Inspector, I see SQLDBLaz (>=1.0) as a
Required Package.

I am not sure how to proceed. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lefti