Is HelpHTML the recommended helpfile format for apps written using Lazarus? Otherwise what are the alternatives?

Can HelpHTML be told to pass an anchor (?) in the URL so that the browser starts at a specific point in the document rather than having to have separate files?

I was looking at the relevant source file yesterday and I noticed that if the location of the browser isn't specified it's found by brute force. When running under Win-32 I've used ShellExecuteEx() which automagically associates an http: prefix with an HTML viewer: does anybody know whether KDE etc. exposes an API (dcom/dbus etc.) that can do this?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk