Michael Van Canneyt ha scritto:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Giuliano Colla wrote:

Instead of putting a lot of time in such mostly useless debates (its not
the first, and probably not the last) it would have been better to report
possible bugs or - better yet - provide patches to improve the behaviour.

When you're told that the feature can't be implemented because the widgetset
doesn't support it, you stop reporting.

Well, I have a different experience. Most bugs I reported have all been fixed very quickly.

I had the same experience. That's why I discuss the matter, instead of just dropping Lazarus.

I can believe that some bugs are indeed hard or impossible to fix, but this
should be a very small minority of the reported bugs.

When they're either missing features, or features implemented in an unsatisfactory way, it' another matter. There's no single component I have examined which doesn't show a lot of those problems. I had started a list of the workarounds required to make LCL components behave like Delphi counterpart (which means writing a lot of extra code whenever you act on the component), but it's grown so big that I gave up, and moreover the workaround doesn't work anymore with next revision, so you have to start over again.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)