Paul Ishenin ha scritto:
Giuliano Colla wrote:
When you see that the development line is to move the implementation from LCL to widgetset, instead of the opposite, (and breaking what was already working in the process), you stop providing patches, and start whining. :-(

Come on Guiliano, you'll never forget your BitBtns :) If you want to discuss them more, please join irc channel and I will explain you why it is so.

No, you're wrong, BitBtns are the bright side of the story. :-) I had done some work on them, I was able to understand what had happened, I got a bit confused in the cache handling and I didn't dare to attempt a fix, but realized that I could ask for fixes. The worst happened with gtk2 implementation, which broke a lot of GTK1 features by moving implementation from LCL to widgetset, and you can't ask to do what widgetset is unable to do. So we're left with GTK1 broken, and gtk2 which can't even display properly the caption in a button.

However, if you're so kind to tell me:
1) What is the irc channel (do I need a life jacket to join it? :-) )
2) How to join it
I'll gladly join the irc channel, because, from a user standpoint, I've only seen a lot of work being done with the result of getting roughly the same functionality as before, with no visible advantage, and I'd like to understand the reasons behind that.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)