Quick summary:  I think this is a Splint bug...

> Did you define __asm with a macro?

No, the assembly is there when I compile with my compiler, and I was very
careful to use all the same "-D" definitions.

I just did a "strings -a" on splint.exe and found the following:
        __asm
        _asm
        __asm__

So, I would hypothesize that:
        -- Splint understands the __asm.
        -- Splint removes it during the preprocessor step or somesuch.
        -- Splint then finds an empty code block in a later step and
produces the warning.

I then went to the source and found the following in LEX.YY.C:
      else if (cstring_equalLit (id, "__attribute__")
               || cstring_equalLit (id, "__asm__")
               || cstring_equalLit (id, "_asm")
               || cstring_equalLit (id, "__asm")
               || cstring_equalLit (id, "__declspec"))
Although I couldn't follow it well enough to determine what it was really
doing with the line (namely, was it deleting it).

So, it seems that this actually is a Splint bug.

By the way, it would be REALLY useful if Split supported "-E" (dump
preprocessor output) or something along those lines...