--On January 17, 2007 8:33:42 AM +0100 Christian Weiske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I do want to create an ldap-based addressbook so that all my computers
can access one consistent database. Now I am unsure about the schema
selection.

While person, organizatioalPerson and internetOrgPerson do provide basic
data keys, they lack other ones like second address, second email,
birthday, instant messaging names and such.
On my search for the golden schema I found Mozilla's
mozillaAbPersonAlpha and evolutionPerson. Mozilla's schema looks kinda
alpha to me.
Evolution and Thunderbird don't support each other's schema, and
KAddressbook also doesn't like one of them.

Is there something like a standard schema that, if not all, but most
address applications support?

Nope, sadly enough.

--Quanah

--