qazmlp wrote:

> For example, if there are 100 products with exactly same
> characteristics(colour, size, weight etc.), apart from their 'Id', then it
> would be better to store a single LDAP entry with all the characteristics
> and make the DN as a range (Id=1-100). It saves a lot of space.

I this is really better depends on your business rules.

Questions you should ask yourself:
Why do the products have a different 'Id' if they are just the same?
What shall happen if the characteristics of item(s) in a range change?
Is there a chance that you have to add additional attributes for a
single 'Id' later?
etc.

Kind of off-topic here though since not a specific LDAP problem. It's
more a modeling issue...

Ciao, Michael.

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]